8 UK Visa Routes For Graduates You’ll Love

Skilled visa

Did you know:


The Global Talent Visa Requirement

                                            “You don’t need a university degree for the Global Talent Visa”


There are more than one ways to get into the UK as a bachelor’s degree holder. In this article, i’m going to list 9 visa pathways, their benefits, and their requirements. They include:


  1. Graduate Visa
  2. Global Talent Visa
  3. Global Business Mobility Visa(Graduate trainee visa)
  4. Startup Visa
  5. Skilled Worker Visa
  6. Scale-up Visa
  7. High Potential Visa
  8. Youth Mobility Scheme Visa


1. Graduate Visa

This visa is granted solely to people who have been on a student visa in the UK

.With the Graduate Visa, you have the choice to stay in the UK after earning a degree from a UK institution that qualifies. With this option, you can remain in the UK for two years(Masters or B.Sc) or three years if you successfully complete a PHD or doctorate program.

In that 2-3 years, you can find a job willing to sponsor you for a skilled workers visa or a scale-up visa, or any other visa you might be eligible for.

Your partner and children may apply to stay with you as dependents on your Graduate Visa if they came to the UK with you as “dependents” on your current Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa.




To be eligible, you must have:

  • finished a degree program in the UK or another programme that qualifies;
  • an educational service provider who is a seasoned licensed sponsor with a history of compliance;
  • had permission to stay in the UK as a student or currently be a student;
  • not been given permission as a Graduate or under the Doctorate Extension Scheme(you can’t renew it);
  • ensured that your sponsor has informed the Home Office that you have finished the program with success;
  • not fall for refusal on grounds of suitability;



2. Global Talent Visa(King of all)


Global Talent visa

The Global Talent visa is a UK immigration category for gifted and promising individuals in particular fields, such as the sciences, the humanities, engineering, the arts, and technology, who seek to work in the UK.

The Global Talent Visa replaced the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa category. This visa is an immigration category that allows for settlement after 3 years for Talented candidates and 5 years for Promise candidates. You might be able to apply for British citizenship after completing your settlement applicaion and the necessary residency period in the UK.

eMigr8 is focused on individuals in the technologyv section(known as Tech Nation Visa). Check here for more infomation: Tech Nation Visa.


3. Global Business Mobility-Graduate Trainee Visa



This visa replaces the Intra-Company Graduate Trainee Visa.

The Global Business Mobility – Graduate Trainee Visa enables candidates to temporarily relocate to the UK as part of a graduate training program that leads to a senior managerial or specialty post.



The following conditions must be satisfied to be eligible for a Global Business Mobility – Graduate Trainee Visa. You must:

  • be at least 18 years old;
  • have also been employed by an overseas business for at least three months before the submission of your application
  • ensure that the business is connected to the UK business either through a joint venture where you are sponsored to work or by a sharing of ownership or control;
  • be issued a Certificate of Sponsorship (coS), signed by the UK sponsor,  for the work you want to conduct;
  • prove that the work you intend to conduct is legitimate and suitable for your level of expertise;
  • have salary that is at least £23,100 annually and 70% of the prorated going rate for the occupation, whichever is higher;
  • have £1,270 in cash on hand to maintain yourself without relying on public funding.Unless you have been lawfully present in the UK for 12 months or more at the time of application ;


4. Startup Visa


The Startup Visa is a conditional residence permit launched by different countries(US, UK, Canada, New Zealand, Chile, Australia, Irelan, etc) to let people develop their businesses internationally. This is a visa category for entrepreneurs raising funds or looking for a permanent stay afterward.

It is usually one of the fastest visas to get(eg 3-6months in the UK, we can help with that). Interestingly, some of these countries don’t require you to have funds to invest in your business or even have a business at all! You’ll get a visa for just an idea.

You must have received approval from an authorized UK endorsing authority in order to be eligible for the Start-up Visa. Here is a link to the list of endorsing organizations. Your business plan needs to be original, workable, and scalable.

You must also meet the English proficiency requirement.

You must show that you have enough money to maintain yourself if you are asking for entry clearance or if you have been in the UK legally for less than a year.


While this route doesn’t lead to settlement, you can switch to other visas when your two years elapse (i.e innovator visa or Global Talent visa).

Read more about this visa here.



To be eligible, you must:

  • be older than 18 years of age;
  • not have started a business in the UK before (unless you previously had leave as a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur);
  • have received the endorsement of a recognized UK endorsing organization for your company proposal. The endorsing must have examined your company proposal for innovation, viability, and scalability and is satisfied that you would devote most of your working hours to building your enterprise there;
  • ensure that your endorsement letter was issued approximately three months prior to the submission date of your Start-up visa application;
  • prove that are capable of performing any work or commercial activity in the UK that you claim you want to do in your application, and that you intend to do so sincerely;
  • satisfy the English proficiency;
  • If you are not a UK resident or have only been there for less than a year, you must have at least £1270 to cover your living expenses, plus £285 for a spouse who is dependant, £315 for your first child, and £200 for each additional kid;


5. Skilled Worker Visa

Skilled visa


One of the most popular visas in the UK today.

Individuals of all nations (except British and Irish) who have an offer of qualified skilled employment in the UK from a Home Office-approved sponsor are eligible for the skilled worker visa. The method may result in settlement, and applicants may be joined by children and partners who are dependent on them.

If your application for a skilled worker visa is accepted, you will be given entrance clearance or permission to stay for a period that ends 14 days after the expiration date of your certificate of sponsorship (which may be up to a maximum of 5 years after the start date of your Certificate of Sponsorship).



To be eligible, you  must prove that you:

  • are over the age of 18;
  • possess a current Certificate of Sponsorship for the work you want to complete;
  • have a job offer that  is a real opening;
  • paid all necessary Immigration Skills Charge (paid by your sponsor);
  • your work requires the right amount of skill;
  • possess language proficiency in English at least at CEFR Level B1 (corresponding to an IELTS score of 4.0);
  • will receive a pay that meets or surpasses the “going rate” for the profession and a general salary threshold;
  • are self-sufficient and don’t need government assistance;
  • If necessary, you’ve given a certificate of no criminal history; and
  • If necessary, you have given a current TB certificate.


Depending on your situation, there may be specific standards that you must meet. You might want to consult an immigration attorney for professional guidance.


6. Scale-up Visa


Scale up visa

The Scale-up The visa program is for brilliant people who have been hired by a UK scale-up sponsor and who possess the skills necessary for the scale-up business to keep expanding. You must have an offer of a highly skilled employment from a scale-up business that qualifies at the required salary level.

The Scale-Up route is a way to settle in the UK. A partner and any dependent children may join or accompany the applicant.

Both a Sponsored Application route and an Unsponsored Application route are available under the Scale-up Visa route. Only applicants who have already received permission to work as a scale-up worker are eligible to use the Unsponsored Application option.



In order to be eligible for a Scale-up Visa through a Sponsored Application, you must prove that you(r):

  • are over the age of 18;
  • have a current Certificate of Sponsorship from your UK sponsor for the employment you intend to pursue;
  • have a legitimate job
  • work you intend to accomplish requires a sufficient level of ability;
  • annual salary will be at least £33,000, £10.58 per hour, and the “going rate” for the position;
  • possess language proficiency in English at least at CEFR Level B1 (corresponding to an IELTS score of 4.0);
  • are self-sufficient and don’t need government assistance;

7. High Potential Visa(HPI)

The High Potential Individual Visa is a new path to lure international graduates from top colleges abroad to come to the UK to work or hunt for work. There is no sponsored route or settlement associated with this visa category.


Candidates must have received a qualifying degree no more than five years prior to the application deadline in order to be eligible. Your degree must have been conferred by an institution that is listed among the Global Universities, and Ecctis must certify that it fits the accepted requirements for a UK bachelors or UK postgraduate degree.


Check here for more info on HPI Visa.


8. Youth Mobility Scheme Visa

The Youth Mobility Scheme Visa enables young people from member nations to temporarily reside in the UK for up to 2 years. This procedure does not need the applicant to be sponsored, and it does not result in settlement.


An applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 30 on the application date and must be a citizen of one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Iceland, Monaco, or San Marino. You may also apply if you are a British Overseas Citizen, a British Overseas Territories Citizen, or a British National (Overseas).

The Youth Mobility Scheme must first select and extend invitations to applicants from Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, the Republic of Korea, or India.


And we are done. eMigr8 can help you get some of these visas. If you are interested, please visit https://bit.ly/3OpocsI.

Leave A Comment